Still Life: Drawing and Painting
Form, Proportion and Composition (Charcoal) DEC 15
Anatomy of Light (Charcoal) DEC 22
Monochrome lay-in (Oil) DEC 29
Rendering Form and Texture (Oil) JAN 05
Putting it all together. Final Crits (Oil) JAN 12
All sessions will be live on ZOOM 6-9 PM
weekly new material
personalized visual critique
This is a comprehensive 5 week course.
We will construct a still life working out Composition, Proportion and analyzing the Light Condition in Charcoal. Working in Charcoal allows us to make faster choices in order to create a proportionate composition.
We will transfer the still life on canvas and paint it in oil to the full extend – focusing on light and texture.
This workshop is designed to expand your knowledge of realist daring and painting. It would be full of GREAT INFO and SKILLS for portrait and figure artists as well as still life artists.
Open to all skill levels.
Content of the Workshop:
- You will complete a charcoal drawing of your still life
- You will complete an oil painting of your still life
- You will learn the necessary techniques to structure objects in perspective
- You will learn the transfer method
- You will learn how and where to render texture
- You will watch me demonstrate the techniques live
- You will receive thorough personalized critiques
The workshop will take place online but due to the one-on-one aspect the space is limited to 10 students.