Portrait Demo in Charcoal
MARCH 16 6-9PM. Virtual Format.
Three hour portrait demo with ongoing Q and A and some chit chat .
I would demonstrate drawing a portrait in charcoal while talking through the steps I take.
You are invited to follow alone, take notes, or simply participate by asking questions.
I would answer questions about technique, my own style, and whatever else you wish to talk about.
We will keep it technical, but in the spirit of the Spring Break:))
Suggested Materials :
you totally don’t have to have all this stuff, I am providing the list in order to avoid confusion.
to follow along you need paper, pencil and eraser.
- Paper: Stonehenge Steel Gray or BFK Rives
- Conte 1710 2B Noir
- Conte Light grey – optional
- Conte Mid Grey – optional
- Conte White
- Conte Sepia – optional
- Pitt charcoal pencils Hard and Medium
- Stick of compressed charcoal
- Kneaded Eraser
- Olfa Knife
- Sandpaper Block
- Hog short bristle brush
- Sand paper 3000 grits
- Blue Tape
- Firm drawing board (Masonite)
- your creative self
other optional but useful things:
- Mono Zero Eraser – optional
- digital drawing glove – optional
- sewline ceramic leads – optional
- .9mechanical pencil for the sewline leads – optional
- hand sander